Governor Doug Announces New Guidance for Arizona
This afternoon Governor Doug Ducey announced the Stay Home, Stay Healthy, Stay Connected order will expire on May 15th. The new guidance to ‘Stay Healthy, Return Smarter, Return Stronger’ includes guidance for individuals, businesses and employers as a gradual process in coming weeks.
Governor Ducey stated, “This does not mean a return to normal. This is the next step forward on the way out of this pandemic.”
In addition, guidance was provided for fitness centers/gyms, pools, and spas, which can resume tomorrow, May 13. Major league sports can resume on May 15 with limited reopening, no fans and adherence to CDC guidance.
Recap of the press conference includes:
- Vulnerable individuals should remain at home
- All business and services to follow CDC guidance, implement protocols
- Continue to encourage telework whenever possible
- Continue to physically distance
- Avoid large gatherings
- Schools remain closed
- In-person visitations to nursing homes prohibited
For the full recap of the Governor’s announcement, click here.