|Tempe Small Business Emergency Loan Program|
|EVCCA Sends Suggestions for Re-Opening Economy|
Last Friday, the East Valley Chambers of Commerce Alliance (EVCCA) forwarded a memo to Governor Doug Ducey in response to his request for the business community to provide suggestions on guidelines of what the landscape will look like as the economy re-opens. The suggestions were vetted through eight East Valley chambers of commerce representing more than 5,000 members. View the full memo here.
|U.S. Small Business Administration Resumes PPP Applications|
Yesterday morning, the U.S. Small Business Administration resumed accepting Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) applications from approved lenders on behalf of any eligible borrower. In conjunction with the second round of PPP loans being accepted, the U.S. Small Business Administration and Department of Treasury provided guidance to assist businesses in calculating their payroll costs of determining the amount of a Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loan businesses can apply for.
- For more information on the PPP Loan Calculator you are able to view this document here.
- View the full statement by Treasury Secretary Steven T. Mnuchin and SBA Administrator Jovita Carranza here.
|Tempe Chamber Members Participating in Buy Now. Save Local.|
|Grow with Google Business - THIS MORNING!|
This morning at 9:00 am, the third of a three-part series with Grow with Google is available for FREE to any business who would like to take advantage of all of the tools Google has to offer! Register for the final webinar here!
|Post Your Job Opening to Our Job Board|
We would like to continue encouraging our members to utilize our Job Board, located on our website, to advertise any job openings they have available.
For any questions, please contact the chamber office at 480-967-7891.
|Arizona Small Business Bootcamp & Resource Collective|
Yesterday morning the Arizona Commerce Authority kicked off their Small Business Bootcamp with a webinar regarding the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) and Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) application process.
To register for the two remaining sessions and find out more information, click here.
|Submit Your Application Today!|
Are you ready to learn more about Tempe? Do you want to get involved, giving back to an amazing city?
Do you want to bond with like-minded individuals looking to make a difference? Then you have come to the right place!
Tempe Leadership is now now accepting applications for Class 36. Visit the website program page to learn more about the process and how you can get involved. Applications are now due June 1, 2020.
|A Message from Southwest Airlines|
At Southwest, we continue to navigate our way through the COVID-19 pandemic while remaining committed to supporting our People, Customers, and communities. Our dedication to this, no matter the circumstances, it what fuels our mission of being a good corporate citizen.
We believe that the role Companies can play when it comes to being a good corporate citizen is now more important than ever, which is why it is timely I share that the Southwest Airlines annual corporate social responsibility report was published yesterday.
The 2019 One Reportis our opportunity to reflect back on key events and milestones that occurred for Southwest in 2019. While it was a year with several notable events, we know it’s important to put those accomplishments in the proper context of what’s happening in the world right now.
|City of Tempe Sustainability Releases Annual Report|
The City of Tempe’s Office of Sustainability supports sustainability and resilience efforts with the city government and throughout the city. The release of the 2020 Annual report celebrates the $1,528,747 of grant funds the office has brought into the city in the first three years of the office. Read the full report.
|COX Extends Free Internet for Students Through July 15, 2020|
COX has extended free Connect2Compete internet service, the company’s low-cost internet offer for families with a K-12 student on government assistance (reduced or free school lunch, SNAP, public housing) at home until July 15. For the full COX Press Release, please click here.
|Unstoppable Webinar with Anthony Robles|
April 30, 2020 from 4:00 pm to 5:30 pm
To hear Anthony speak on both mental and physical health including tips to build resiliency and even, workout tips you can do from home, register here.
|MAC6 Leading Through Crisis Series|
Tomorrow and May 6, 2020.
MAC6 invites you to participate in a five-part series that focuses on the essential tools you need as a leader during this turbulent time and will set you up to thrive in the future. To find more information and register for the last two sessions, please click here.
|Sandler Training Complimentary Webinar Series|
Now until May 20, 2020
Learn more about this weekly webinar series and how you can sign up today!
|Feeding Families, Supporting Farmers Fundraiser|
|Charitable Grant Applications Now Open Through May 26|
Now until May 26, 2020
Arizona Nonprofits can now submit their application through the new deadline of May 26, 2020. To find out more about the three levels of funding available and how you can qualify and/or apply, click here.
|Art in the Parks Goes Online|
All six Arts in the Parks events will now become digital festivals that can be enjoyed in real-time, citywide. The same arts activities hand-picked by the neighborhoods will come to life online as the artists perform live on You Tube. Click here to learn about the upcoming events.
(Article provided by the City of Tempe)
The City of Tempe is looking for someone to fill the role of the 2020 USDN EDI Fellow. This individual will be engaged in the City of Tempe’s Equity in Action (EiA) program and help to co-create an “Equitable Community Engagement Framework” (ECE Framework). Click here for more information!
TCH is looking to fill multiple positions as soon as possible!
For Full-Time, Part-Time, and Temporary Custodial positions click here. To learn about Full-time Direct Care Worker employment opportunities click here.
Carvana has multiple job opportunities at their Tempe location, located on Rio Salado Parkway.
|City of Tempe Extends Call to Musicians|
Musicians, singers and emcees in the 85283 and 85284 zip codes have until May 8 to submit their songs for a chance to be included on the next edition of Tempe Playlist: Saturn Sessions. This is a locally-inspired collection of songs that captures the talents and the vibe of south Tempe musicians. For more information, please visit the City of Tempe website.
(Article provided by the City of Tempe)
CONSTRUCTION UPDATE WEEK OF April 27, 2020
- Ash Avenue/University Drive Intersection: From April 23 – April 27, the intersection will be CLOSED while track is installed. Click here for details about bus detours associated with this work. Click here for more details about traffic restrictions.
- 3rd Street/Ash Avenue Intersection Closure: Crews will be paving across the intersection causing the intersection to be CLOSED during daytime hours on April 28. Click here for details about bus detours. Click here for details about traffic restrictions.
- University Drive track installation: Track installation on University Drive between Ash and Mill avenues will occur from April 29 – May 22. Left turns will be restricted through the work zone. Click here for details about traffic restrictions.
- Ash Ave/Rio Salado Pkwy Roundabout Closure: Final markings and striping will be placed during daytime hours on May 9. The roundabout will be CLOSED during this process. Click here for details about bus detours. Click here for details about traffic restrictions.
- [UPDATE]Apache Boulevard: Overhead Catenary System poles continue to be installed. Expect lane drops in the area of where they are being installed.
- Mill Avenue south of University Drive: Trackwork installation. Traffic will be maintained in both directions. Expect turn restrictions and possible crosswalk/sidewalk detours.
- University Dr/Mill Avenue intersection: Crews will be working in and around the intersection from April 13 – May 1, resulting in left turn restrictions. Click here for details.
|Thank you to our Community Champions|
Tempe Chamber of Commerce
1438 W. Broadway Rd. Suite #213
Tempe, AZ 85283