A Note of Thanks from
Tempe Chamber CEO, Anne Gill
I would like to send a heartfelt "Thank You" to the organizations that either renewed their membership or joined as new members of the Tempe Chamber of Commerce this past January, February and March. I value each and every one of our members, and our community of businesses has never been more important than it is right now.
|Take-Out Tuesdays start today!|
As part of the Tempe Chamber's partnership in the Buy Now. Save Local program, we are excited to announce today is the first "Take-Out Tuesday"!
To show your support of local businesses offering take-out, you can do one of several things:
|Today the Grow with Google Business Series Continues!|
This morning at 9:00 am, the second in a series of three Grow with Google webinars is available for FREE to any business who would like to take advantage of all of the tools Google has to offer! Register for both of the remaining webinars below!
|Recorded Webinar: Coronavirus Business Planning Part II|
The Tempe Chamber has partnered with Gammage & Burnham, PLC to bring you an informative series to help businesses navigate the legal issues surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic. Last Friday's webinar addressed tenant and landlord complications, federal assistance for businesses, and managing a work from home workforce. Watch it on demand today.
|Coronavirus Small Business Tax Changes: Everything You Need to Know|
|Post Your Job Opening to Our Job Board|
We would like to continue encouraging our members to utilize our Job Board, located on our website, to advertise any job openings they have available.
For any questions, please contact the chamber office at 480-967-7891.
|Submit Your Application Today!|
Are you ready to learn more about Tempe? Do you want to get involved, giving back to an amazing city?
Do you want to bond with like-minded individuals looking to make a difference? Then you have come to the right place!
Tempe Leadership is now now accepting applications for Class 36. Visit the website program page to learn more about the process and how you can get involved. Applications are now due June 1, 2020.
|Unstoppable Webinar with Anthony Robles|
April 30, 2020 from 4:00 pm to 5:30 pm
To hear Anthony speak on both mental and physical health including tips to build resiliency and even, workout tips you can do from home, register here.
|Sandler Training Complimentary Webinar Series|
Now until May 20, 2020
Learn more about this weekly webinar series and how you can sign up today!
Every Friday from 1:15 pm to 2:15 pm
Read more about how you can join Joseph B. Ortiz for virtual coffee as he discusses what the CARES Act means for your business.
|Feeding Families, Supporting Farmers Fundraiser|
|Charitable Grant Applications Now Open Through May 26|
Now until May 26, 2020
Arizona Nonprofits can now submit their application through the new deadline of May 26, 2020. To find out more about the three levels of funding available and how you can qualify and/or apply, click here.
|Art in the Parks Goes Online|
All six Arts in the Parks events will now become digital festivals that can be enjoyed in real-time, citywide. The same arts activities hand-picked by the neighborhoods will come to life online as the artists perform live on You Tube. Click here to learn about the upcoming events.
(Article provided by the City of Tempe)
TCH is looking to fill multiple positions as soon as possible!
For Full-Time, Part-Time, and Temporary Custodial positions click here. To learn about Full-time Direct Care Worker employment opportunities click here.
Carvana has multiple job opportunities at their Tempe location, located on Rio Salado Parkway.
|City of Tempe Extends Call to Musicians|
Musicians, singers and emcees in the 85283 and 85284 zip codes have until May 8 to submit their songs for a chance to be included on the next edition of Tempe Playlist: Saturn Sessions. This is a locally-inspired collection of songs that captures the talents and the vibe of south Tempe musicians. For more information, please visit the City of Tempe website.
(Article provided by the City of Tempe)
CONSTRUCTION UPDATE WEEK OF April 20, 2020
- [UPDATED] Ash Avenue/University Drive Intersection: Crews will begin prep work on April 13 resulting in left turn restrictions at the intersection. From April 23 – April 27, the intersection will be CLOSED while track is installed. Click here for details about bus detours associated with this work. Click here for more details about traffic restrictions.
- [NEW] 3rd Street/Ash Avenue Intersection Closure: Crews will be paving across the intersection causing the intersection to be CLOSED during daytime hours on April 28. Click here for details about bus detours. Click here for details about traffic restrictions.
- [NEW] University Drive track installation: Track installation on University Drive between Ash and Mill avenues will occur from April 29 – May 22. Left turns will be restricted through the work zone. Click here for details about traffic restrictions.
- [NEW] Ash Ave/Rio Salado Pkwy Roundabout Closure: Final markings and striping will be placed during daytime hours on May 9. The roundabout will be CLOSED during this process. Click here for details about bus detours. Click here for details about traffic restrictions.
- Apache Boulevard: Over the next few weeks you will begin to see Overhead Catenary System poles being installed. This will happen fairly quickly, expect lane drops in the area of where they are being installed.
- Mill Avenue south of University Drive: Trackwork installation. Traffic will be maintained in both directions. Expect turn restrictions and possible crosswalk/sidewalk detours.
- University Dr/Mill Avenue intersection: crews will be working in and around the intersection over the from April 13 – May 1, resulting in left turn restrictions. Click here for details.
|Thank you to our Community Champions|
Tempe Chamber of Commerce
1438 W. Broadway Rd. Suite #213
Tempe, AZ 85283