|Buy Now Save Local Tempe!|
The City of Tempe in partnership with Tempe IDA, Tempe Tourism Office, Tempe Chamber of Commerce and Downtown Tempe Authority announced the Buy Now. Save Local. campaign to help Tempe businesses generate revenue through the MyHownd app. Visit our HOWND page to learn more! HOWND is also hosting a webinar for businesses this Thursday at 2pm. Register today! CLICK HERE to watch what our community partners have to say about our collaboration.
|State Farm Increases Investment to Community Champion|
|Virtual Business Before and After Hours This Month!|
Beginning Next Tuesday, the Tempe Chamber will be hosting its Business Before Hours and Business After Hours - virtually! The team has come up with creative ways provide our monthly networking opportunities via ZOOM. Be sure to register today!
|Recorded Webinar: Coronavirus Planning Part I|
The Tempe Chamber has partnered with Gammage & Burnham, PLC to bring you an informative series to help businesses navigate the legal issues surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic. Last Friday's webinar addressed how to address employee concerns, absences, requests for leave, and similar issues. Watch it on demand today.
|Post Your Job Opening to Our Job Board|
We would like to continue encouraging our members to utilize our Job Board, located on our website, to advertise any job openings they have available.
For any questions, please contact the chamber office at 480-967-7891.
|FUEL Committee Meeting with Adam Lee Brooks|
Join FUEL Young Professionals this Wednesday as they hear speaker, author, and consultant, Adam Lee Brooks dive into the generational differences within a workplace and give tips for how to better welcome those differences. For more information on the FUEL Committee, click here. To register for this week's meeting, click here.
|Class 36 Recruitment Event!|
This Thursday, Tempe Leadership invites you to join them for a virtual presentation and chat with TL Council members and alumni about becoming a member of Class XXXVI! Hear from past and current class members about their experiences in the nine month program and how they continue their community involvement in Tempe. Register today!
|Adjusting to the New Norm of Virtual Events|
Today at 9:00 am
Join this open discussion where Excelerate America cover the most frequently requested topics, tips, and strategies others have learned so far, and strategize how to make money from virtual workshops and events.
|You're Invited: Path Forward Program|
Join the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation this Thursday at 3:00 pm ET as the Path Forward Program features conversations led by U.S. Chamber president Suzanne Clark to explore the complex issues that must be considered as part of a responsible reopening strategy with insights from cross-industry experts. For more information, visit their web page and register today.
|Sandler Training Complimentary Webinar Series|
Beginning April 15, 2020 until May 20, 2020
Learn more about this weekly webinar series and how you can sign up today!
|Onward & Inward Job Search Challenges in Difficult Times|
April 16, 2020 from 9:00 am to 9:30 am
Our "Onward & Inward" webinar is co-hosted and will be moderated by Laurie Brendrich, Founder & CEO at HR Company Store. To learn about how you can register today, click here.
|Virtual Series: Technically Speaking|
Thursday, April 16, 2020 from 11:00 am to 12:00 pm
Join Dr. Mark Smith as he discusses effectively leading and managing remote workers. Register today.
|How to Get Found on Social Media and Walk Your Talk!|
Friday, April 17, 2020 from 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm
Every Friday from 1:15 pm to 2:15 pm
Read more about how you can join Joseph B. Ortiz for virtual coffee as he discusses what the CARES Act means for your business.
|Feeding Families, Supporting Farmers Fundraiser|
|Charitable Grant Applications Now Open Through May 26|
Now until May 26, 2020
Arizona Nonprofits can now submit their application through the new deadline of May 26, 2020. To find out more about the three levels of funding available and how you can qualify and/or apply, click here.
|Art in the Parks Goes Online|
All six Arts in the Parks events will now become digital festivals that can be enjoyed in real-time, citywide. The same arts activities hand-picked by the neighborhoods will come to life online as the artists perform live on You Tube. Click here to learn about the upcoming events.
(Article provided by the City of Tempe)
TCH is looking to fill multiple positions as soon as possible!
For Full-Time, Part-Time, and Temporary Custodial positions click here. To learn about Full-time Direct Care Worker employment opportunities click here.
Carvana has multiple job opportunities at their Tempe location, located on Rio Salado Parkway.
|City of Tempe Extends Call to Musicians|
Musicians, singers and emcees in the 85283 and 85284 zip codes have until May 8 to submit their songs for a chance to be included on the next edition of Tempe Playlist: Saturn Sessions. This is a locally-inspired collection of songs that captures the talents and the vibe of south Tempe musicians. For more information, please visit the City of Tempe website.
(Article provided by the City of Tempe)
CONSTRUCTION UPDATE WEEK OF April 13, 2020
- [NEW]University Dr/Mill Avenue intersection: crews will be working in and around the intersection over the from April 13 – May 1, resulting in left turn restrictions. Click here for details.
- Ash Avenue/University Drive Intersection: Crews will begin prep work on April 13 resulting in left turn restrictions at the intersection. From April 23 – April 29, the intersection will be CLOSED while track is installed. Click here for more details
- 5th Street/Ash Avenue Intersection: Crews will continue to work along Ash Avenue at 5th Street from March 30 – April 17 resulting in intermittent nightly closures of 5th Street at Ash Avenue and one daytime closure on April 9. North/southbound through traffic on Ash Avenue will be maintained. Click here for more details.
- Apache Boulevard: Over the next few weeks you will begin to see Overhead Catenary System poles being installed. This will happen fairly quickly, expect lane drops in the area of where they are being installed.
- Apache Blvd east of Rural Road: Track installation and OCS foundation work continues. Traffic maintained in both directions. Expect turn restrictions and possible sidewalk/crosswalk detours.
- Mill Avenue south of University Drive: Trackwork installation. Traffic will be maintained in both directions. Expect turn restrictions and possible crosswalk/sidewalk detours.
|Thank you to our Community Champions|
Tempe Chamber of Commerce
1438 W. Broadway Rd. Suite #213
Tempe, AZ 85283