|Business Excellence Award Finalists Announced|
The Tempe Chamber of Commerce is pleased to announce six finalists for the Business Excellence Award in both the Small and Large Business category. These awards recognize companies Tempe Chamber members who have demonstrated a record of business success and growth, community involvement, leadership, dedication to employees and commitment to customer service.
The finalists in the Large Business category are:
- Chasse Building Team
- DP Electric
- University of Advancing Technology
The finalists in the Small Business category are:
- Boulders on Broadway
- The PEAK Fleet
- Pest’R Us Exterminating
For more information regarding these awards, this event, and finalists click here.
|Live Webinar: CORONAVIRUS PLANNING|
The worldwide COVID-19 pandemic has created a number of new questions and challenges for employers. Companies need to plan in advance how to address employee concerns, absences, requests for leave, and similar issues. Join Employment and OSHA, Construction, and Litigation Attorney Julie Pace and Heidi Nunn-Gilman as they shares strategies and tools to prepare employers for the challenges you all now face. For more information on how you can register, click here.
|On-Demand Webinar Available Now|
Last Friday, the Tempe Chamber of Commerce in partnership with Jennings Imel with the U.S. Chamber of Commerce held a 'Federal COVID-19 Stimulus Legislation & Your Business' Webinar reviewing details of the various payment and disaster loan relief programs. Watch it on demand today. To view follow-up Q&As from the webinar with more specific information, please click here.
|Grow with Google Webinar Series - Part 1 Next Tuesday|
Over the next three weeks, the Tempe Chamber in partnership with Grow with Google will be hosting weekly webinars covering various topics that can better assist our local business community.
For more information on our first Webinar, please visit our registration page and register to attend the 'Get Your Local Business on Google Search and Maps' on April 14th.
Due to the unfortunate and unforeseen events of COVID-19 the Tempe Chamber has had to reschedule some of their upcoming events.
- The Emerging Issues: 2020 Sustainability Summit will now be held on August 7, 2020, at the Doubletree by Hilton Tempe. More information regarding this event can be found on the registration page.
- The 2020 Leadership Conference will now be held on September, 18, 2020, at the Doubletree by Hilton Tempe from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm with more information to come.
We would like to remind everyone that if you have already reserved a seat or table, you are still registered and do not need to re-register. We apologize for any inconvenience and understand this time is difficult for everyone. If you have any questions regarding the two rescheduled upcoming events, please contact the office at 480-967-7891.
Help us welcome the companies who invested in the
Tempe Chamber in March 2020!
We want to say thank you to the members who renewed their investment in the Tempe Chamber last month! The companies below represent over 260 years of commitment to building a stronger business community.
|COVID-19 Resource Hub for Small Businesses|
Our partners at Excelerate America update their COVID-19 Resource Page daily with recorded webinars, DELL and Office Max savings programs, loan assistance, and more. For insight and assistance during the COVID-19 Crisis, we encourage our members to visit their page.
|Tempe Service Industry Resource - Facebook Group|
In response to the needs of our business community, the Tempe Chamber has created a Facebook group allowing our Tempe businesses and community members to share their services, menus, take-out and delivery options with the public. With over 350 members in just two weeks, we encourage you utilize and share this growing group. Join now.
|OpenTempe App - Download Today|
Incredible community members have come together to create an app that allows the user to see what stores are open around them - and is not industry-specific!! Download the app today!
Go green and save big for your small business! Celebrate Earth Day the entire month of April by shopping for over 12,000 eco-friendly products with our Office Depot Small Business Savings Program!
|Today is Arizona Gives Day!|
Happy Arizona Gives Day! The Tempe Chamber of Commerce Foundation carries out the charitable and education objectives of the Tempe Chamber of Commerce that positively impact the quality of life in Tempe through education, economic development, research and community enhancement programs - such as Tempe Leadership.
For more information on how you have a chance to invest in your community and help Tempe Leadership reach their goal, click here.
|Tempe Leadership Application Deadline Extended!|
Are you ready to learn more about Tempe? Do you want to get involved, giving back to an amazing city?
Do you want to bond with like-minded individuals looking to make a difference? Then you have come to the right place!
Tempe Leadership is now now accepting applications for Class 36. Visit the website program page to learn more about the process and how you can get involved. Applications are now due May 31, 2020.
|Leading Through a Crisis - A Five Part Series|
MAC6 invites the Tempe Chamber Community to participate in a 5-part series that focuses on the essential tools you need as a leader during this turbulent time and in preparation of the future. You can participate in one, a few, or all of them. Participation includes access to a complimentary DISC Behavior and Emotional Intelligence Assessment. The cost is $37.50 to participate, which covers the material costs. For more information and to register, please click here.
|Consider Your Local Non-Profits|
We encourage our members and community to consider local non-profits during this time of crisis through volunteer projects or donations. To view a list of our local non-profits please visit our member directory which can be accessed here.
|Post Your Job Opening to Our Job Board|
We would like to continue encouraging our members to utilize our Job Board, located on our website, to advertise any job openings they have available.
For any questions, please contact the chamber office at 480-967-7891.
Every Friday from 1:15 pm to 2:15 pm
Read more about how you can join Joseph B. Ortiz for virtual coffee as he discusses what the CARES Act means for your business.
|Charitable Grant Applications Now Open Through May 26|
Now until May 26, 2020
Arizona Nonprofits can now submit their application through the new deadline of May 26, 2020. To find out more about the three levels of funding available and how you can qualify and/or apply, click here.
TCH is looking to fill Full/Part-time & Temp Custodial positions to perform routine cleaning and floor care for all assigned buildings at the Luke Air Force Base in Glendale, Arizona.
Learn more about these open positions here.
Metromile is hiring for a Claims Administrative Support Specialist at their Tempe office, located on Fountainhead Parkway.
Carvana has multiple job opportunities at their Tempe location, located on Rio Salado Parkway.
|City of Tempe Extends Call to Musicians|
Musicians, singers and emcees in the 85283 and 85284 zip codes have until May 8 to submit their songs for a chance to be included on the next edition of Tempe Playlist: Saturn Sessions. This is a locally-inspired collection of songs that captures the talents and the vibe of south Tempe musicians. For more information, please visit the City of Tempe website.
(Article provided by the City of Tempe)
CONSTRUCTION UPDATE WEEK OF April 6, 2020
- [NEW] Ash Avenue/University Drive Intersection: Crews will begin prep work on April 13 resulting in left turn restrictions at the intersection. From April 23 – April 29, the intersection will be CLOSED while track is installed. Click here for more details
- 5th Street/Ash Avenue Intersection: Crews will continue to work along Ash Avenue at 5th Street from March 30 – April 17 resulting in intermittent nightly closures of 5th Street at Ash Avenue and one daytime closure on April 9. North/southbound through traffic on Ash Avenue will be maintained. Click here for more details.
- Apache Boulevard: Over the next few weeks you will begin to see Overhead Catenary System poles being installed. This will happen fairly quickly, expect lane drops in the area of where they are being installed.
- Apache Blvd at Normal Avenue: Expect turn restrictions at the intersection with possible sidewalk/crosswalk detours.
- Apache Blvd east of Rural Road: Track installation and OCS foundation work continues. Traffic maintained in both directions. Expect turn restrictions and possible sidewalk/crosswalk detours.
- Apache Blvd at Dorsey Lane: Electrical upgrades in intersection. Turns will be restricted. Pedestrian access to Dorsey light rail platform will be maintained.
- Mill Avenue south of University Drive: Milling for trackwork is scheduled for the start of April. Traffic will be maintained in both directions. Expect turn restrictions and possible crosswalk/sidewalk detours.
|Thank you to our Community Champions|
Tempe Chamber of Commerce
1438 W. Broadway Rd. Suite #213
Tempe, AZ 85283