|Tuesday, February 25, 2020|
|Be Part of Tempe's Largest Day of Service!|
Next Saturday from 7:00 am to 12:00 pm, Tempe Leadership and over 200 community members and volunteers will come together to help restore and enhance the Tempe Police Equestrian Unit training facilities for police horses and outreach for the local equestrian community!
To learn more about Tempe Cares Day and how YOU can get involved and help better our community click here!
|Tempe Chamber Seeks Nominations for Board of Directors|
The Call for Nominations is now open and the Tempe Chamber of Commerce is seeking candidates for its board of directors.
Help lead your Chamber and profession into the future by nominating a colleague or yourself. The Call for Nominations closes on March 13. Nominations can be sent via email to Anne Gill.
|Use Your Ticket Credits and Reserve Your Table Today!|
Sponsored by FOX Corporation, the 2020 State of the District with U.S. Representative Greg Stanton welcomes community, educational, political, and civic leaders for a formal breakfast. This year's event will be held on Friday, March 20, 2020 from 9:00 am to 10:30 am. This event will sell out quickly so be sure to reserve your sponsorship or seats today.
|Business Women of the Year Nominations Close Next Friday!|
|Open Call for Success Stories|
As part of it's Emerging Issues Forum series, the Tempe Chamber of Commerce is proud to present the 2nd Annual Sustainability Summit on April 3rd at the Doubletree by Hilton Tempe! This year, we are asking Tempe Businesses to submit 'short stories' about successful sustainability programs and efforts. Click here to learn more about how you can submit your success story and present at the April 3rd Sustainability summit. To reserve your sponsorship or seats today, click here!
|Career Ready Tempe Application Deadline Extended|
With two-thirds of jobs requiring higher education by the end of 2020, Career Ready Tempe is preparing Tempe’s future workforce and aiming to fill the opportunity gap for low-income students.
If your business is looking to help forward CRT’s mission while increasing your visibility and competence related to your field, apply to host a student-intern before applications close on March 5, 2020!
|Red, White, and Blue Awards Ceremony|
Our upcoming Military Affairs Committee Awards Ceremony will honor eight extraordinary individuals with awards and/or scholarships. Two of the awardees being honored are:
- The 944th Fighter Wing "Graydon Williams Award" will be awarded to Technical Sergeant David Emery
- The Navy Operational Support "BUC Joel E. Baldwin Memorial Award" will be awarded to SW1 Edward Harmon
Click here to learn about some of the awardees and register today!
|30 Day Challenge: Let's Get Social|
This is Excelerate America’s most popular 30-day challenge and also the only time this year that they’ll be covering this topic. Don’t miss your chance to learn key social media skills, including:
- How to create an effective social media strategy, including which audiences and demographics to target on each channel.
- The right kind of content and when to post it, so you can truly grow your following and customer base.
- How to provide and receive insightful and actionable feedback from fellow participants.
|Session 1: Preparing to Raise Capital|
Tomorrow from 11:30 am to 1:00 pm
Attend part one of a three-part series of free, expert-led capital raising workshops hosted by the City of Tempe. Register today!
|ASU Internship Fair & All-Majors Career Fair|
|ASU Open Door on Polytechnic Campus|
February 29, 2020 from 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm
Attend this free event and discover why ASU was named one of the most innovative universities in the nation! No RSVP required.
|Hope in Education Shindig|
February 29, 2020 from 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm
Get down and have some boot-scooting fun at the Hope in Education Shindig at the Ahwatukee Country Club. Register today.
|6th Street Market - First Sunday Fitness|
March 1, 2020 from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm
FREE workout sessions with the professional instructors of Orange Theory and Pure Barre Tempe.
March 5, 2020 from 5:30 pm to 8:30 pm
Register for a happy hour with a wild side!
|First Press Fine Wine Dinner and Auction|
March 6, 2020 from 5:45 pm to 11:00 pm
Register today for a formal dinner and auction at the Westin Kierland Resort and Spa benefiting the Friends of Public Radio Arizona.
|Zoo Move and Groove 5K / Festival|
March 7, 2020 from 6:00 am to 1:00 pm
Join the Phoenix Zoo for a day of moving and grooving for the animals! Register today.
|Elephant and Piggie's "We are in a Play!"|
Now until March 8, 2020
Purchase tickets to see this fun, lively, and amusing play at the Herberger Theater Center.
|TCC Human Services Survey|
Now until April 11, 2020 beginning at 9:00 am
Learn more about Tempe Community Council's IRS-certified volunteers and how you can schedule a FREE consultation to prepare and e-file your 2019 tax returns!
Are you ready to learn more about Tempe? Do you want to get involved, giving back to an amazing city?
Do you want to bond with like-minded individuals looking to make a difference? Then you have come to the right place!
Tempe Leadership is now now accepting applications for Class 36. Visit the website program page to learn more about the process and how you can get involved. Applications are due May 15, 2020.
|Two Men and a Truck is Hiring!|
Two Men and a Truck is hiring for movers and drivers!
Metromile is hiring for a Claims Administrative Support Specialist at their Tempe office, located on Fountainhead Parkway.
Carvana has multiple job opportunities at their Tempe location, located on Rio Salado Parkway.
|Public Art Open House: I-10 Broadway Curve Pedestrian Bridges|
March 5, 2020 from 5:30 pm to 7:00 pm
The community is invited to an open house at the Tempe History Museum to see the design, meet the artists, and provide thoughts on what the imagery should include.
CONSTRUCTION UPDATE WEEK OF February 24, 2020
- Ash Avenue/Rio Salado Parkway intersection: Road widening efforts are ongoing at the Ash Avenue/Rio Salado Parkway intersection. The intersection will be closed from January 20 – February 26 while crews construct the roundabout. Click here for more details.
- Apache Blvd from Gammage Curve to Rural Road: Landscaping and electrical upgrades. Traffic will be maintained in both directions. Expect sidewalk/crosswalk detours.
- [UPDATE] Apache Blvd east of Rural Road: Track installation, electrical updates and OCS foundation work continues. Traffic maintained in both directions. Expect turn restrictions and possible sidewalk/crosswalk detours, especially in the area of Dorsey Lane.
- Mill Ave/Rio Salado Pkwy Intersection Closure: Starting at 11 p.m. on February 24, the intersection will be closed to all traffic with permissible right turns onto eastbound Rio Salado Parkway and northbound Mill Avenue. Traffic movements will be restored by 5 a.m. on February 25. Click here for details.
|Thank you to our Community Champions|
Tempe Chamber of Commerce
1232 E. Broadway Rd. Suite #211
Tempe, AZ 85282