On September 6, 2019 the Emerging Issues Forum will feature Congressman Greg Stanton and Senator Sean Bowie sharing updates from the past and upcoming legislative sessions. The event will take place at 7:30 am at the Alamo Drafthouse Cinema. Register today!
Every quarter, the Tempe Chamber partners with the Phoenix Chamber and six other chambers across the Valley to conduct a business outreach survey that aims to help better understand the needs and concerns of chamber members throughout Maricopa County.
Your valuable input helps us gain a better understanding of the business community’s needs so that we can implement solutions that support our thriving economy. Interested in having your business’ voice represented? Please take the survey by Thursday, September 5th.
|Don't Miss out on This Year's State of the City!|
On October 25th, the Tempe Chamber will host the 21st Annual State of the City Address featuring Mayor Mark Mitchell at the Marriott Buttes Resort.
Don’t wait to register or sponsor a table! More than half of the available seats are sold. If your organization would like to sponsor a VIP table for 10 and increase your visibility, contact us today at 480-967-7891 or learn more on our tickets page.
Each year, the East Valley Chambers of Commerce Alliance (EVCCA) produces a report on the legislative session, which lists bills that have the most significance to East Valley businesses. It reports how each East Valley legislator voted on legislation relevant to the EVCCA.
Legislators were graded on how often they agreed with the EVCCA on priority bills, based on their last opportunity to vote on that bill during the Second Regular Session of the 54th Legislature. An unexcused absence was graded as opposing the EVCCA’s position. Click here to view the 2019 Legislative Report Card
|Only Three Bowling Spots Available! Must Register Today!|
The Tempe Chamber Military Affairs Committee is proud to announce it has SOLD OUT of sponsor lanes and only hasthree single player tickets left!
The Tempe Chamber has a website and several social media accounts such as: Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, and Youtube. We're always updating event dates, posting images from previous events, and reminding members to register for what’s upcoming! If you're having a hard time remembering... always check online.
If you have any further questions about our social media or upcoming events, please reach out to Ayrianna by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Instagram & Twitter: tempechamber
Facebook & Linkedin: Tempe Chamber of Commerce
Tempe Leadership's 35th Annual Celebration will take place Friday September 27, 2019 from 7-10 pm at the Rolling Hills Golf Course. This event will include great food and beverages, a raffle, silent auction, putting contest, and much more! To learn more about sponsorship opportunities or how you can help show your support for Tempe Leadership, click here or register today!
|Public Meeting - Climate Action Plan Review|
On September 10th, join Tempe in partnership with Arizona State University at the Tempe Public Library from 6:00-7:30 pm to review the final Climate Action Plan and give comments.
A Climate Action Plan (CAP) serves as a guideline for the City of Tempe’s path to a sustainable and resilient future for achieving the largest and most cost-effective solutions in conjunction with other Tempe goals and priorities. Click here to learn more.
|2019 Cox Pulse on Community Connection|
Cox has released a survey exploring sentiment surrounding the role technology currently plays (or should play) on different aspects of their lives, including healthcare, education, government, retail, and hospitality. Read more about the survey here.
Which city services are most important to your business? Each year, the City of Tempe asks an independent consultant to survey residents to see how they are doing and tell them what to focus on for the coming year. The survey is underway now. You may get the survey in the mail or you can take the survey online: resident survey or business survey.
|The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane|
One of Childsplay’s most beloved productions returns to the stage! With his handmade silk suits, wide array of hats and tiny gold pocket watch, Edward Tulane was the most exceptional toy in Abilene’s room... Find tickets here!
The Diane and Bruce Halle Foundation presents: Ballet Under the Stars. Ballet Under the Stars is a beautiful evening of professional dance complete with a stage, lighting and costumes. Ballet Under the Stars provides Arizonans of all ages with an opportunity to enjoy classical and contemporary dance of the highest professional quality.
- Venue Address: 700 W. Rio Salado, Tempe, AZ 85281
- Free for Valley residents. No registration required. It is recommended to get there early to save a spot on the lawn.
|Nonprofit Lifetime Discount on BuildMyNewBrand.com|
BMNB is extending the introductory period of their Nonprofit Discount. From now until September 9th, you can receive your lifetime discount code for all their current and future products. If you’re starting a new Nonprofit, or maybe you just started one but need a little better foundation, take advantage of this offer. Learn more here.
CONSTRUCTION UPDATE WEEK OF August 26, 2019
- 9th Street & 11th Street west of Mill Avenue: Electrical upgrades for traffic signals may cause intermittent turn restrictions/closures. Concrete preparation work for the Overhead Catenary System (OCS) foundations continues. Expect sidewalk/crosswalk detours.
- Apache Blvd from Gammage Curve to Rural Road: Concrete preparation work for the OCS foundations continues, along with electrical upgrades. Traffic will be maintained in both directions. Expect sidewalk/crosswalk detours.
- Apache Blvd east of Rural Road: Track installation and OCS foundation work continues. Traffic maintained in both directions. Expect turn restrictions and possible sidewalk/crosswalk detours.
- Ash Avenue: Crews have begun OCS foundation installation along the southbound side of Ash Avenue. While parking on the southbound side of the street is restricted, traffic should experience minimal impacts due to this work.
- Ash Avenue and Rio Salado Parkway intersection: Road widening efforts begin at the Ash Avenue/Rio Salado Parkway intersection in preparation for roundabout construction in early 2020. No traffic restrictions due to this work though traffic may experience delays through the work zone.
- Rio Salado Parkway: Civil work is ongoing throughout the corridor. Demolition has begun in the middle of the roadway to prepare for track installation.
Tempe Chamber of Commerce
1232 E. Broadway Rd. Suite #211
Tempe, AZ 85282