|Wednesday, August 14, 2019|
|Less Than Half of the Tickets Available! Register Now!|
On October 25th, the Tempe Chamber will host the 21st Annual State of the City Address featuring Mayor Mark Mitchell at the Marriott Buttes Resort. This popular event convenes business leaders and influencers throughout the community to hear about Mayor Mitchell’s vision for the future of the city as well as current projects and initiatives benefiting the Tempe community.
Don’t wait to register, half of the available seats are sold. If your organization would like to sponsor a VIP table for 10 and increase your visibility, contact us today at 480-967-7891 or learn more on our tickets page.
|Pulse of Business Survey Results|
Every quarter, the Tempe Chamber in partnership with the Phoenix Chamber and six other chambers across the Valley, conducts a business outreach survey that aims to help better understand the needs and concerns of chamber members throughout Maricopa County. During the third quarter, 220 businesses participated in the Pulse of Business online survey...Read more here
|Register for The Legislative Update on September 6th|
September 6, 2019 the Emerging Issues Forum will feature Senator Sean Bowie and Representative Greg Stanton sharing updates from the past and upcoming legislative sessions. The event will take place at 7:30 am at the Alamo Drafthouse Cinema. Register today!
|The Sun Devil Kickoff Luncheon is SOLD OUT!|
The Tempe Chamber is excited to announce that we are sold out of VIP tables for the 2019 Sun Devil Football Kickoff Luncheon! Thank you Presenting Partner San Tan Ford and to all of the members and partners who will be joining us for the event next week in its new home, the San Tan Ford Club at Sun Devil Stadium!
Our Military Affairs Committee (MAC) is proud to host its second Stars and Strikes Bowling Fundraiser event. Join us September 11th from 5:30-8 pm for a team building experience for a great cause.
A portion of proceeds will support MAC in its mission to serve as a proactive voice supporting military personnel in the greater Phoenix area. Food, beverages, and shoes are included with a purchase of a lane. Learn more here!
Our members are listed on our website in the Membership Directory. Keeping items like your logo and photos of staff up to date is important. Double checking to make sure your social media is properly linked also helps. Better presentation could mean better business! If you're having further difficulty you can email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance on your account.
|Who Doesn't Like a Putting Contest...Register Today!|
Tempe Leadership's 35th Annual Celebration will take place Friday September 27, 2019 from 7-10 pm at the Rolling Hills Golf Course. This event will include great food and beverages, a raffle, silent auction, putting contest, and much more! To learn more about sponsorship opportunities or how you can help show your support for Tempe Leadership, click here or register today!
|Public Meeting - Climate Action Plan Review|
On September 10th, join Tempe in partnership with Arizona State University at the Tempe Public Library from 6:00-7:30 pm to review the final Climate Action Plan and give comments.
A Climate Action Plan (CAP) serves as a guideline for the City of Tempe’s path to a sustainable and resilient future. It's a detailed framework for measuring and reducing greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and climate change impacts. The CAP is a guideline to achieving the largest and most cost-effective solutions in conjunction with other Tempe goals and priorities. Click here to learn more.
|"UNITED Fit & Feed Expo" Get Healthy for the Hungry!|
United Food Bank is having its FIRST EVER
"UNITED Fit & Feed Expo" Get Healthy for the Hungry on August 24th from 10:00 am - 2:00 pm. Purchase tickets to meet your favorite Fitness Celebs and workout to beats by Djayt3 & Soloman! Wear closed toed shoes and your favorite fitness wear! Get ready to sweat!
Which city services are most important to your business? Each year, the City of Tempe asks an independent consultant to survey residents to see how they are doing and tell them what to focus on for the coming year. The survey is underway now. You may get the survey in the mail or you can take the survey online: resident survey or business survey.
|Tempe Streetcar Construction Update|
CONSTRUCTION UPDATE WEEK OF August 12, 2019
Note regarding ASU move-in:
- The Tempe Streetcar project team is working closely with ASU to accommodate move-in activities the weekend of August 16-18.
- 9th Street & 11th Street west of Mill Avenue: Electrical upgrades for traffic signals may cause intermittent turn restrictions/closures. Expect sidewalk/crosswalk detours.
- 13th Street & Forest Avenue: Infrastructure work at this corner will be taking place. Expect possible traffic/sidewalk detours.
- Apache Blvd from Gammage Curve to Rural Road: Concrete preparation work for the Overhead Catenary System (OCS) foundations continues, along with electrical upgrades. Traffic will be maintained in both directions. Expect sidewalk/crosswalk detours.
- Apache Blvd from Rural Road Intersection: Track installation work continues through intersection. Expect turn restrictions and possible sidewalk/crosswalk detours.
- Ash Avenue: Crews have begun OCS foundation installation along the southbound side of Ash Avenue. While parking on the southbound side of the street is restricted, traffic should experience minimal traffic impacts due to this work.
- Rio Salado Parkway: Civil work, including landscaping and paver installation, is ongoing throughout the corridor. Other minor infrastructure installations are also occurring throughout.
- Downtown Mill Avenue: Final punch list items and minor installation is occurring this week in advance of Mill Avenue opening on time, by end of day August 15.
|The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane|
One of Childsplay’s most beloved productions returns to the stage! With his handmade silk suits, wide array of hats and tiny gold pocket watch, Edward Tulane was the most exceptional toy in Abilene’s room. Based on Newbery-winner Kate DiCamillo’s beloved book, Childsplay presents this breathtaking story of finding friendship, finding yourself, and eventually finding your way home.
You can purchase tickets from the Herberger box office, or click here.
Tempe Chamber of Commerce
1232 E. Broadway Rd. Suite #211
Tempe, AZ 85282